It’s hard to believe that summer is coming to a close! We hope you enjoyed the beautiful summer season we’re having in Vermont and into the fall. We hate to say it, but colder days are ahead (cue pouty lips, tears and snarls), ok so maybe not for quite a few week. However, now is a great time to get your vehicle ready for a pre-fall & winter check over!
Below, find a few helpful ways to prepare you for the upcoming seasons:
1. Battery: Check the age & condition of the battery. Inspect it by cleaning the terminals and cables.
2. Tires: Check the condition of your tires, the pressure and the balancing. Be sure to rotate them every 7,000 miles.
3. Headlights: Check both high & low beams, as well as your brake lights and turn signals.
4. Brakes: Inspect pads, shoes and fluid level. A friendly reminder to replace the fluid every two years.
5. Wipers: Inspect and clean all blades. Check the function of your windshield washer & replenish fluid when needed. It’s also a good idea to get heavy duty blades for the winter time.
6. Exterior: Wash your vehicle regularly to protect your vehicle’s body from the harmful corrosive effects of road salt.
7. Glass: Thoroughly clean your windows inside and out to maintain optimal visibility.
8. Drive Belts and Engine Hoses: Frayed or cracked belts should be replaced. Leaks and loose hoses require action, as well.
9. Car Undercoat: Undercoating is a protective layer that is applied to the under layer of a car where the parts are not coated with a protective layer of paint and can be more prome to rust damage.
10. Call Twisted Wrench if you don’t have the time to do this yourself! Call on us, the experts to look over your car for you!
We hope this checklist is helpful when preparing your vehicle for the changing weather & conditions. Be sure to follow our Facebook page to stay up-to-date with helpful tips, news, discounts and special offerings.